Here's the sixty-ninth issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every Sunday afternoon (Pacific Time) by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
This last week saw $30.3M in funding announcements from Faros, Orkes, and Calyptia, news from Merico, Hoppscotch, and Socket, and conversations on OSS <> web3.
- Faros, building tools for the future of engineering operations, announced their $16M Seed led by Signal Fire, Salesforce Ventures, and Global Founders Capital. Link
- Orkes, makers of the Conductor workflow orchestration tool, announced their $9.3M round led by Battery Ventures and Vertex Ventures. Link
- Calyptia, an enterprise platform for observability from the makers of Fluent Bit, announced their $5M Seed led by Sierra Ventures. Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦✊🏼❤️: "👽 🚀 @hoppscotch_io is the fastest growing and most exciting API development platform on 🌏 ✨ https://t.co/bMHAkLL2zy" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦✊🏼❤️: "Yikes. I wonder how this will bode for the @ClickHouseDB ecosystem / project? Open source is fundamentally borderless, sanction resistant and antifragile. ✊ https://t.co/9FV3JbkGXs" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦✊🏼❤️: "Web3 fundamentally cannot exist without open source. However, open source does not need Web3 to continue thriving. https://t.co/16ia0lhUpy" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦✊🏼❤️: "Prediction: Societal belief (marketing) in trusting a given technology (affecting mass adoption) will eventually be decoupled from societal capability (engineering) in trusting a given technology. Today, these two dynamics are tightly coupled." Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦✊🏼❤️: ""Blockchains without Tokens" (ie. https://t.co/nErqYB2YCr) = promising tech in a wide range of areas. ✅ But what about "Tokens sans Blockchains"? Perhaps an interesting app of this decoupling could be in the domain of reimagining software licensing. Who's working on this? 🤔" Link
- The OSS Startup⚡️: "🥳The OSS Startup Podcast crossed 5K listeners🥳 Our niche podcast on how to successfully build open-source companies has become a major passion project for us. && we so appreciate all of the community support 💛 - @amanda_robs @tnachen 👩💻👨💻" Link
- Liyas Thomas: "1M+ pulls on DockerHub for @hoppscotch_io ✨ https://t.co/9inX6Cauqw" Link
- Merico: "We just launched DevStream! It's an #OpenSource tool that lets you configure and manage your #DevOps toolchains in five minutes and one command. All with a YAML file. https://t.co/N9KCIW9RO6 We made it open source to help developers everywhere. We're live on @ProductHunt!" Link
- Feross: "🚀 Exciting news! I'm ready to share the project I've been working on for the past 7 months! Introducing ✨ Socket ✨ ⚡️ Search millions of open source packages 🔒 Detect suspicious package updates in real-time 🛡 Block software supply chain attacks https://t.co/NOyVIh3pNr" Link
- COSS Community 🌏: "@feross 🚀" Link
- Ry Walker: "Want to start writing more - here are a few thoughts on commercial open-source https://t.co/1q0RGlObL4" Link
- TechCrunch: "Rakuten Symphony acquires Kubernetes platform https://t.co/0xuT6KpbUl https://t.co/PbonVmsdMZ by @fredericl" Link
- Streamlit: "❄️ We're excited to announce @snowflakedb has entered into an agreement to acquire Streamlit! 🎈 Together, we'll empower developers and data scientists to mobilize the world's data. 📖 Read more: blog.streamlit.io/snowflake-..." Link
No COSS Jobs this week.
$COSS markets down 7.80% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.