Here's the eighty-third issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every Sunday afternoon (Pacific Time) by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
Last week saw $192.2M in funding announcements from Odoo, Arduino, Stellate, Meltano, and Tigris Data, as well as big news from OpenBB, Supabase, @jack, and more!
- Odoo, the business software suite for SMBs, announced their €112M investment led by Summit Partners at €3.2B valuation. Link
- Arduino, building the Arduino hardware and ecosystem, announced their $32M Series B led by Robert Bosch Venture Capital. Link
- Stellate, building a GraphQL API, announced their $5M Seed led by boldstart ventures and their $25M Series A led by Tiger Global. Link
- Meltano, making DataOps platform infrastructure, announced their $12.4M Seed led by Venrock. Link
- Zitadel, building developer-first identity management, announced their $2.5M Seed led by Nexus Venture Partners. Link
- Tigris Data, building a zero ops backend for web and mobile apps, announced their Seed round led by Basis Set. Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "BIG congrats to my friend @fpodoo and team @Odoo (leading COSS business apps platform) on their €3.2B valuation and increased partnership with @SummitPartners 🗻🚀✨ https://t.co/FAt2ZycSb8" Link
KΞVIN XU (kevinxu.eth): "Starting a new weekly thread of GitHub repos that reached 50 contributors in the previous week w/ at least 1000⭐️ Doing this to keep track of new, emerging open source projects that found both early community traction (contributors) and social proof (stars) 👇👇👇" Link
Paul Copplestone: "Listen to @cassidoo discuss @supabase in the latest @StackOverflow podcast "It feels like open source truly is the future" 🔥 Also featuring a shoutout to @calcom (cc @peer_rich) https://t.co/XW8DHZTSrN" Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Integrate SAML support in your app in just a few lines of code! SAML support is a huge enterprise customer requirement. This project can save weeks of engineering effort for SaaS founders everywhere 🔥 Courtesy of the fine folks @boxyhq 🙇🏻♂️ https://t.co/2qaalkGDVn" Link
Umbrel ☂️: "1/ Introducing Umbrel 0.5 --- A beautiful personal server OS for self-hosting. A whole new look. Realtime app updates. App permissions, dependencies, and authentication. Official Bitcoin & Lightning node apps. Oh, and dark mode. This is Umbrel 0.5. The biggest update to Umbrel. https://t.co/oG4cBSHTe0" Link
Wasmer: "Wasmer 2.3 - what a treat! ⚡️ Super fast stack switching with corosensei 🗜 Singlepass backtracing 🆕 Cranelift upgrade 🤯 ...and Wasmer compiled to Wasm/WASI - WHAT! Check out our latest blog post for more details #WebAssembly https://t.co/DMbXOjwvmW" Link
AppFlowy: "v0.0.4 is out 👉 https://t.co/WCtNsdUR9Z 🆕 Table-view Database (beta) - use it to : ✅manage simple tasks, 🐞track bugs, 💰create an investor / sales database, and so much more to explore ▶️ Join https://t.co/dNeWgyuGJZ to share https://t.co/simU6EM9RC" Link
Open Source Startup Podcast🎙: "🎙️New Open Source Startup Podcast🎙️ Ft. @bobvanluijt, Co-Founder & CEO of @SeMI_tech and the open-source vector search engine @weaviate_io Learn about their AI-first approach to database management 👇 https://t.co/aak9FsZb9A" Link
Tacaly: "We are using @rustdesk for remote control and management. We even have a self-host server so we can comply with Danish law enforcement. #remotecontrol #remotework https://t.co/Tqoq0usn9S" Link
Sam Ramji 🇺🇦: "Data Contribution, Open Source, and AI-Native: how we need to change our philosophy and practices of data sharing to create the next generation of intelligent apps. Catch @lmaugustin as he brings the future of open source data into focus. #OpenSourceData https://t.co/ZIcAqIWjBD https://t.co/6u1shGi8Tg" Link
Julia Schottenstein: "@swyx Hard to define the correlation exactly. Stars are somewhat correlated to "success" of the project but "success" of a project doesn't always mean "success" of a business" Link
Forem: "Cheers to @tidelift who recently launched their new #forem community 🌱 Tidelift is dedicated to making OSS better for all --- a crucial part of that is fostering communication w/ maintainers & contributors. This will be the space to see that in action. https://t.co/7SyU6xxOCr" Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "One of the top universities in Japan is democratizing investment research for their MBAs with @OpenBB_Finance! The future is already here, and it is getting evenly distributed really fast... ✨🇯🇵 https://t.co/0qt7etSB93" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: ".@GitLab sporting nearly 90% gross margins and tracking towards $400M + annual revenue. Still largely on-prem subscriptions powered by their buyer based open core model 🔥 https://t.co/668i33j0LR" Link
- 9,526 jobs and 226 companies hiring! Link
- OpenBB 🦋: ""Heard OpenBB is hiring" https://t.co/zZhxpm9DPc" Link
- Emil Eifrem: "I know macro is looking tough for many tech companies right now. But Neo4j is well funded, growing fast and hiring for a ton of roles, both remotely and in key locations in the US, EU and APAC. https://t.co/MBB8eVWQwL https://t.co/IVKqE1abw9" Link
$COSS markets down 3.81% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.