Here's the eighty-sixth issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every Sunday afternoon (Pacific Time) by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
Last week saw $111.7M in funding announcements from Snowplow, Modular, Opaque, Timecho, Helios, and OpenReplay, project updates from NocoDB and Godot, and insightful pieces from across the COSS ecosystem.
- Snowplow, makers of the data lakehouse, announced their $40M Series B led by NEA. Link
- Modular, building an AI developer platform, announced their $30M Seed led by GV. Link
- Opaque, the confidential computing platform for multi-party data, announced their $22M Series A led by Walden Catalyst Ventures. Link
- Timecho, from the makers of Apache IotDB, announced their $10M funding round led by Sequoia China. Link
- Helios, a developer platform for distributed applications, announced their $5M Seed led by Entree Capital and Amiti VC. Link
- OpenReplay, a session replay suite, announced their $4.7M Seed led by Runa Capital and Expa. Link
nocodb: "📢 Hey Everybody, Hey Everybody NocoDB new feature release is out 🔥🔥 🚀 NocoDB's installation gets even better - now binaries are shipped for all platforms Mac/Win/Linux. Simply CURL and begin. 🚀 Bring any JSON as a NocoDB table. 🚀 New Column type added : Duration ⏱️ https://t.co/JpJhCqI2Gy" Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Nic has impressed me as one of the (if not the) most thoughtful and balanced thinkers in the blockchain space. To further illustrate the depth of his intellectual curiosity, Nic was kind enough to have me on episode #47 @OnTheBrinkCIV over 2 years ago: https://t.co/s3AmLEiIAb https://t.co/M8949aBQwq" Link
Igor Kotua: "What is the best way to cold email open-source founders? Make a PR in their repo! Not a cold outreach advice." Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "📺⚡️ Just published an unscripted 50 min ~ Zoom recording on my life journey toward building @OSSCapital (+overview): https://t.co/A3T3c9WX95 All blogs highlighted can be found @COSS_Community in the Best Reads section. https://t.co/2eUgRiEknw" Link
No COSS Liquidity announcements this week.
8,739 jobs and 231 companies hiring! Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Some incredible talent @ThePracticalDev just joined the job market. As @OSSCapital first ever lead seed investment, this is a difficult time to execute through, but the future is bright! https://t.co/GNHYGflD5Z" Link
$COSS markets down 6.57% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.