Here's the ninety-second issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every weekend by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
Last week saw the announcement of W4 Games, major updates from OpenBB, an open source Copilot, and more!
- W4 Games, building commercial products and services around the Godot ecosystem, announced their Seed round led by OSS Capital and Lux Capital. Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "🍀 Announcing @W4Games, by the creators of @GodotEngine. 🍀 We are super honored @OSSCapital to support @reduzio and team. 🙌🏼 🎮 Let's go! 🔥 🚀 https://t.co/i9koRZFX3S" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "It is an immense honor to be working with Juan. We are also both very honored to be working with the truly one-of-a-kind @CaretakerBob (co-founder of @RedHat). 🍀🙇🏻♂️🚀 https://t.co/2ZfNQ9BLd5" Link
- Juan Linietsky: "Finally, the wait is over! With great joy I am happy to share what we have been working on this with @Akien and @falessandrelli since the beginning of the year! https://t.co/j0YkKnViKS" Link
- Juan Linietsky: "As promised earlier today, here are a few more personal bits I wanted to share regarding to the announcement W4! (link below in case you missed it). https://t.co/3snOZ3JhzI https://t.co/b4l7I3docL" Link
Open Source Startup Podcast🎙: "We are ✨so✨ excited to have @armon from @HashiCorp on the podcast tomorrow Any non-obvious Qs we should ask him👀 cc @glennsolomon @mitchellh @marcholmes @davidmcj @tomloverro @psomal @sraney" Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Open source converts capital inefficient scarcity into capital efficient abundance." Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "The most valuable software is open source." Link
Matt Galligan: "One of the most complex and risky software upgrades of all time is just one month away. It will be nothing short of a monumental and historic engineering achievement should it go smoothly. Buckle up! https://t.co/KUhZFAMOIN" Link
W4 Games: "As pledged, all improvements we make to #GodotEngine that can be, will be #OpenSource. So today we contribute a #Direct3D12 @DirectX12 implementation for #Godot4, developed by the wonderful @RandomPedroJ! This is key for better #Windows/#Xbox support! https://t.co/pfzyz5o99q" Link
Greg Osuri (Hiring): "Arresting an open-source privacy software developer because his code was used for money laundering is like arresting Edison for war crimes because his bulb was used by the Nazis. I better hope there are other charges; if not, this arrest is a direct assault on free speech. https://t.co/0AQKSLztlW" Link
Steve Keen: "Modelling MMT (in the free, open source system dynamics program Minsky) at the 2nd Poznan MMT Summer School 2022 https://t.co/hMyReqLAH0 via @YouTube @econ_pluralism @organicfanatic5 @TyKeynes @ysi_commons @rethinkecon @sdgrumbine @mmt_rod @StephanieKelton @S_D_Society" Link
No COSS Liquidity announcements this week.
- 7,539 jobs and 237 companies hiring! Link
- Remix Careers: "Excited to announce the public launch of Remix Careers on Monday August 22! If you or anyone you know is hiring @remix_run devs, please reach out and we can get you early access to list your position!" Link
$COSS markets up 1.86% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.