Here's the eighty-eighth issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every Sunday afternoon (Pacific Time) by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
Last week saw $181.3M in funding announcements from Tecton, VISS, Tibit, Medusa, and Paladin Cloud, discussions from Vitalik on Network States and Heather Meeker on CoPilot, and an interview with JJ in Business Insider!
💰 COSS Funding: $181.3
- Tecton, the feature platform for machine learning, announced their $100M Series C led by Kleiner Perkins. Link
- VISS, a fund for open source academic software, was launched by Schmidt Futures with $40M in funding. Link
- Tibit, building the MicroPlug optical line terminals (OLTs), announced their $30M Series C led by Liberty Global. Link
- Medusa, an open-source headless e-commerce platform, announced their $8M Seed led by LocalGlobe and Dawn Capital. Link
- Paladin Cloud, building a security as code platform, announced their $3.3M Seed led by Okapi Venture Capital and Bowery Capital. Link
📚 COSS Content
Open Source Startup Podcast🎙: "⚡️New Open Source Startup Podcast⚡️ Ft. @KishoreBytes, Co-Founder of real-time analytics platform @startreedata & Co-Creator of open source data store @ApachePinot This episode is packed with learnings --> check it out! 👇👇👇 https://t.co/V4CX0cx0QT" Link
Heather Meeker: "Sure, GitHub's AI-assisted Copilot writes code for you, but is it legal or ethical? https://t.co/45iQWoZPj4 via @ZDNet & @sjvn" Link
Open Source Startup Podcast🎙: "⚡️Ep 42 of the Open Source Startup Podcast is LIVE⚡️ Ft. @VladAIonescu, Founder of CI/CD Framework @EarthlyTech 💪 https://t.co/U7t5yXwi8F" Link
Will Ceolin: "Open-source alternatives to popular products: - Figma: @penpotapp - Google Analytics: @PlausibleHQ - Notion: @appflowy @Boostnoteapp - Slack: @Mattermost @RocketChat @element_hq - Zoom: @jitsinews - Airtable: @baserow @nocodb - Calendly: @calcom - Mailchimp: listmonk" Link
vitalik.eth: "What do I think about network states? This one somehow ended up VERY long, but.... oh well, enjoy! https://t.co/2V3cCuW1T7" Link
Runa Capital: "We are pleased to present a new issue of the ROSS Index --- the top 20 fastest-growing open-source startups in Q2 2022. https://t.co/Juzjv1Sshj Top fastest-growing open-source projects 👇" Link
Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Thanks for the conversation @rosaliechan17 / @BusinessInsider https://t.co/akYsFEU2Py" Link
FOSSA: "Our newest blog post is a fascinating read from leading OSS license compliance & IP attorney @HeatherMeeker4 on the connection between #opensource and #ESG investing. https://t.co/hR1zE1TqEZ" Link
💸 COSS Liquidity (M&A + IPOs)
No COSS Liquidity announcements this week.
🛠️ COSS Jobs
- 8,491 jobs and 234 companies hiring! Link
📊 $COSS - Public Markets
$COSS markets down 8.22% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.
Top comments (0)