Here's the sixty-seventh issue of COSS Weekly, the global commercial open source (COSS) company category newsletter, brought to you every Sunday afternoon (Pacific Time) by the team at OSS Capital, creators and stewards of COSS Community and Open Core Summit.
We deliver only the most fresh 😋 news from the previous week in COSS across: Funding, Content, Jobs, Liquidity and $COSS (Public Markets).
Last week saw $739M in funding announcements from Sonar, Harness, ARMO, Smallstep, Fleet, Deepset, and Rocicorp, plus more news on Open Core Twitter and updates on COSS products!
We've also added all of the OSS Startup Podcasts to COSS.Community to make them easy to search and discover. Check them out, and enjoy COSS Weekly #77!
- Sonar, building tools for clean code, announced their $412M funding round led by Advent International. Link
- Harness, building a modern software delivery platform, announced their $230M Series D led by Norwest Venture Partners. Link
- ARMO, making the first open-source Kubernetes security platform, announced their $30M Series A led by Tiger Global. Link
- Smallstep, building security infrastructure with certificates, announced their $26M Seed/Series A led by StepStone Group. Link
- Fleet, building device management security tools, announced their $20M Series A led by CRV. Link
- Deepset, building NLP-powered search integrations, announced their $14M Series A led by GV. Link
- Rocicorp, makers of Replicache, announced $7M in funding led by Elad Gil. Link
- Sam Ramji 🇺🇦: "10X, Differentiation, and Community: how open source projects become sustainable growth businesses. @ericabrescia talks about living in open source, the competencies of an OSS startup, and the way we fund open source projects today. https://t.co/b404yWJTC0 #OpenSourceData https://t.co/GJmmv7fQ52" Link
- Open Source Startup Podcast🎙: "⚡️New Open Source Startup Podcast⚡️ @amanda_robs & @tnachen talk with @avi_press, Founder & CEO of open source usage tracking platform @scarf_oss 💪 Full episode 👇 https://t.co/P8qRM27p0u" Link
- COSS Community 🌏: "Open Core Twitter ✅ https://t.co/ziFn0cSoJz" Link
- theCUBE: "Jon Sakoda examines the cultural gravity surrounding open source and cloud native technology. https://t.co/PVUSJv56YV @jonsakoda @furrier @theCUBE #AWSSummit #theCUBE #EnterpriseTech #cloudnative #opensource https://t.co/nRnzgcw1U3" Link
- Ryan Florence: "Even without the new data APIs that make React Router 100x more valuable, we're approaching... 10 million downloads a week Hard to believe after about a decade there's no inflection point. Trajectory could get even steeper after 6.4 is released. https://t.co/Vvf3BGHRhS" Link
- annieanqi: "I'm glad to announce that @peer_rich just officially becomes AppFlowy's first-ever investor. Peer is the co-founder of an amazing open source software @calcom We're thrilled to partner with him ❤️🤝🚀" Link
- James Long: "I'm open-sourcing Actual. I'm sad that I couldn't make it work as a sustainable company, but I've seen the magic of open-source before and I'm excited about what can happen here. Read more! https://t.co/1lphJpEqqy" Link
- Cal.com: "We've saved our users approximately 5 million minutes (83,333 hours) of spending time manually scheduling back and forth over email or phone calls. Given the average hourly wage is $12, that's over a million dollars in productivity saved. 🤯" Link
- Niels Rogge: "The closest thing to Flamingo that's open-source and free is @Aleph_Alpha's MAGMA (by training adapter layers on a frozen GPT-J). @Gradio demo here: https://t.co/1twkPH8Wnx https://t.co/RjtpwdoQH0" Link
- OSS Capital: "Latest $COSS ETF Preview ✅ 🐦 https://t.co/rCXn1a9Go5" Link
- Joseph Jacks (JJ) 🇺🇦: "Fascinating day for $COSS. One of these is unlike the others ... https://t.co/9BJO97m9tc" Link
- Founding Product Marketing Manager. Link
- Product Design Manager. Link
- Wiqar: "@wasmerio is hiring a full-time remote UX/UI designer. If you have a passion for designing simple and elegant user experiences that solve complex problems, we want to hear from you! #WebAssembly #wasm #web3 #infrastructure #edge" Link
- Forem: "Team #Forem is hiring for a number of engineering roles! If you're interested in working for a remote-first company focused on building a healthier internet with open source community software, check these listings out 🌱 #DEVCommunity https://t.co/AzUtOgM51v" Link
$COSS markets down 3.26% last week
Latest $COSS markets snapshot below as of market close last Friday courtesy of Koyfin.